We are your local specialist when it comes to Sewer Pegouts, Encasements, New Sewer Main Connections, Upgrades and Deviations to Sewer Mains in the Sutherland Shire
Expert sewer drainage plumbers in the Sutherland Shire.
A lot of the existing sewer mains and pipelines in and around the Sutherland Shire are made of clay or cast iron, and it is generally recommended that these and any deteriorating pipes, be removed and replaced with PVC pipe. The PVC pipe is then surrounded in concrete to create a sewer encasement which will protect Sydney Water assets from any damage.
Permanent or temporary building works that may adversely impact the sewer main and require an encasement include residential, commercial, and industrial works such as:
- Swimming pools and water tanks
- Carports, verandahs, pergolas, and sheds
- Decks and retaining walls
- Driveways and pavement areas
- Planting trees and landscaping
- Demolition and excavation
- Roads and civil infrastructure
Sewer Encasement Process
Before you have received your Section 73 Compliance Certificate, you will need to adhere to the Sydney Water requirements, and these may include the need for a sewer encasement.
All Line Plumbing will usually liaise with a Water Servicing Coordinator (WSC) or engineer and install an approved design. The most common sewer encasement process is:
- Approval: The works will need to be approved by a Water Servicing Coordinator (WSC) who is accredited by Sydney Water.
- Excavation: Excavate the existing sewer main.
- Pipe Preparation: Renew or replace the pipe and install support and strap down the pipe, so the pipe does not float while installing the concrete.
- Inspection: Inspection and approval by the WSC or engineer.
- Pouring of Concrete: Concrete will fully encapsulate the sewer main.
- Backfilling: Backfill area and compact trench as required
- Work as Constructed Documentation: submission of the Work As Constructed information to the project's Water Servicing Coordinator.
All Line Plumbing are experts in providing sewer plumbing services, such as sewer encasements, to the Sutherland Shire.
Concrete sewer encasements offer a maintenance-free solution for enhancing the durability and longevity of Sydney Water assets. This method involves encasing pipes in concrete, providing robust reinforcement and shielding against external elements.
All Line Plumbing also offer the following sewer Infrastructure works in the Sutherland Shire:
- new sewer main construction,
- sewer pegout reports,
- upgrades and deviations to existing sewer mains,
- construction of sewer manholes and the
- installation of junctions or Property Connection Points (PCP) into existing sewer mains.
Sewer Infrastructure Works in Sutherland Shire
All Line Plumbing offer a range of sewer infrastructure works in Sutherland Shire such as:
Construction of new sewer mains
All Line Plumbing are Sydney Water accredited contractors which means you can be confident that we will connect your home or business to sewer mains with ease in Sutherland Shire.Read More
Alterations, deviations, renewals and upgrades to sewer mains
If a proposed building or development area in Sutherland Shire is severely affected by the position of a sewer main, it may be possible to deviate or relocate the sewer. Sewer mains may also be required to be upgraded or repaired if they are found to be in a deteriorated state.Read More
Sewer sidelines and junction cut-ins for property connection
New junctions and sewer sidelines will usually be required when subdividing or when adding a new connection to existing sewer mains in Sutherland Shire.Read More
Sewer encasements in Sutherland Shire
Encasing a pipe in concrete will provide strength to the existing assets and provides additional protection to the pipe from unexpected external load and movement, reducing the risk of damage and consequently the need for repairs.Read More
Sewer absorption trenches in Sutherland Shire
If your home is not connected to the sewer, you may need to have an On-site Sewage Management System. Trench style absorption systems are one of the most common type of domestic wastewater treatment systems in Australia.Read More
Sewer mains, pipelines and sewage drainage issues
One of the earliest signs of a blocked sewer in Sutherland Shire is an unpleasant smell coming from drains. A blocked sewer can become a serious health risk to you and your family as it can even cause sewage to backfill into your home.Read More